|Author||Mulk Raj Anand|
|LC Class||PR9499.3.A5 C6 1994|
|Followed by||Two Leaves and a Bud|
Coolie is a novel by Mulk Raj Anand first published in 1936. The novel reinforced Anand's position as one of India's leading English authors. The book is highly critical of British rule in India and India's caste system. The plot revolves around a 14 year old boy, Munoo, and his plight due to poverty and exploitation aided by the social and political structures in place.
- "Mulk Raj Anand draws closer to 100". The Times of India. December 11, 2003. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Mulk Raj Anand, 98; Wrote About India's Injustices". Los Angeles Times. October 1, 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- "Indian author Mulk Raj Anand dies". BBC. September 28, 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
- Bhatnagar, Manmohan Krishna; Mittapalli Rajeshwar (2000). The novels of Mulk Raj Anand: a critical study. Atlantic Publishers. p. 69. ISBN 978-81-7156-934-2. OCLC 237560616. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "PM releases special commemorative edition on Mulk Raj Anand". Govt of India, Press Information Bureau. December 11, 2004. Retrieved 2009-08-31.
|This article about the literature of India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a 1930s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|