Coordenadoria de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior
Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nivel Superior (CAPES) is a government agency linked to the Brazilian Ministry of Education in charge of promoting high standards for post-graduate courses in Brazil.
The agency evaluates educational establishments every two years, and grades them according to the standards of the courses provided. The grade scale is from 1 to 7, where 1 is the lowest standard — the maximum that an institution offering up to a Master's degree will gain is 5, whereas an institution offering a Ph.D. will gain up to 7.
- Bachelor's degree in Brazil
- Brazilian science and technology
- Graduate degrees in Brazil
- Lattes Platform
- Ministry of Education (Brazil)
- Universities and higher education in Brazil
- Undergraduate education in Brazil
- Official website (Portuguese)