The Coordination of New Forces (Coordination des Forces Nouvelles) is a political party in Togo. Joseph Kokou Koffigoh is the President of the CFN.
The CFN, a coalition led by Koffigoh, who was then transitional Prime Minister, and composed of three political parties—UDR, SOLITO, and ARENA—along with three associations—BASE, CODEPO, UNIFED—opened its constitutive assembly on June 11, 1993 at the Palais des Congrès in Lomé. In the February 1994 parliamentary election, the CFN won only one seat, and Koffigoh resigned as Prime Minister in March 1994. The CFN participated in the March 1999 parliamentary election but did not win any seats; it chose to boycott the October 2002 parliamentary election. It participated in the October 2007 parliamentary election, but did not win any seats.
- ^ "DÉMOCRATISATION À LA TOGOLAISE" ("CHRONOLOGIE"), Tètè Tété, 1998 (diastode.org) (French).
- ^ a b c d Political Parties of the World (6th edition, 2005), ed. Bogdan Szajkowski, page 591.
- ^ "Togo Premier Named", The New York Times, April 24, 1994.
- ^ "La CFN de Me. Joseph Kokou KOFFIGOH se retire de la course aux législatives d'octobre 2002", togo-confidentiel.com, October 8, 2002 (French).
- ^ "Le RPT remporte les premières élections pluralistes", Republicoftogo.com, October 30, 2007 (French).