Cooyar is a town in the Darling Downs region of Queensland, Australia. The town is on the New England Highway and in the Toowoomba local government area, 204 kilometres (127 mi) north west of the state capital, Brisbane. At the 2011 census, Cooyar and the surrounding area had a population of 281.
There are many interesting sites at Cooyar. They include: the Swinging Bridge, a memorial park with playground, a family-friendly pub, an ANZAC Memorial, once a week a man with a stall selling fruit and vegetables, a showground which holds events like endurance riding and an annual show (with a brilliant rodeo at night), a hall which is used regularly by the locals, the local shop which sells hot and cold food, assorted groceries, car related goods, reading material and a post office with a letterbox.
Cooyar has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Cooyar (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- "Cooyar - Swinging Bridge Park". Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Cooyar - Memorial Park". Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Cooyar - Anzac Place". Toowoomba Regional Council. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Cooyar Show". Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Cooyar CPA". Australia Post. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Cooyar War Memorial (entry 15600)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
- "Muntapa Tunnel (entry 22212)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 2013-07-15.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|