Copper Harbor Front Range Light
|Location||Copper Harbor, Michigan|
|ARLHS number||USA-193; USA-1074|
|USCG number||USCG 7-15175 (Front); 7-15190 (Rear)|
The Copper Harbor Front Range Light is in Copper Harbor, Michigan.
While the Copper Harbor Light effectively illuminated the area of the harbor, it failed to guide mariners through the narrow opening of rocks at its entrance. Construction on the range lights were completed in 1869.
According to US Government publication, "The American Practical Navigator", Chapter 5: Range lights are light pairs that indicate a specific line of position when they are in line. The higher rear light is placed behind the front light. When the mariner sees the lights vertically in line, he is on the range line. If the front light appears left of the rear light, the observer is to the right of the range line; if the front appears to the right of the rear, the observer is left of the range line.
- "Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society, Copper Harbor Front Range (Lake Superior) Light ARLHS USA-193".
- "Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society, Copper Harbor Rear Range (Lake Superior) Light ARLHS USA-1074".
- "Amateur Radio Lighthouse Society, World List of Lights.".
- Photographs Copper Harbor Range Lights, Lighthouse Central, Marquette Harbor light The Ultimate Guide to Upper Michigan Lighthouses by Jerry Roach (Publisher: Bugs Publishing LLC - 2007). ISBN 978-0-9747977-2-4.
- Rubber Stamp, Copper Harbor Range Light.
- Aerial photos, Copper Harbor Front Range Light, marinas.com.
- Exploring the North, Copper Harbor Lights.
- Lighthouse.com: Copper Harbor Lights.
- Interactive map of lighthouses in eastern Lake Superior, powered by Google.
- Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy, Copper Harbor Range Lights.
- Michigan lighthouse fund, Copper Harbor Front Range Light.
- National Park Service , Inventory of Historic Light Stations, Maritime History Project, Copper Harbor Range Lights.
- Terry Pepper, Seeing the Light, Copper Harbor Light.
- Wobser, David, "Copper Harbor Range Lights", Boatnerd.com.
|This article about a building or structure in Michigan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to a United States lighthouse is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|