Coppermine Photo Gallery
|Initial release||September 7, 2003|
|Stable release||1.5.30 / July 08, 2014|
|Available in||Multilingual (46)|
Coppermine Photo Gallery is a Gallery Software with multimedia capabilities. It requires PHP, MySQL, and ImageMagick or the GD Graphics Library, and works with most web server software such as Apache.
Coppermine Photo Gallery has interfaces with software packages including e107, Invision Power Board, PcNuke, Joomla!, Mambo, phpBB, PostNuke, PunBB, Simple Machines Forum, vBulletin, Woltlab Burning Board, and YaBB SE.
Coppermine is open-source software and is licensed under the GNU General Public License. However, according to the project FAQ, users are required to have a "Powered by Coppermine" link to the project's web site, and further, to not ask questions on removing the link on the Coppermine support forums. The compatibility of this requirement with the GPL was discussed in the Coppermine support forum in 2003–2004. The Coppermine team asserts that the "Powered by Coppermine" is legally a copyright notice, which is permitted by the GPL. However, starting with version 1.5.x, Coppermine now concedes the removal of the branding text and link is legal. However they will not provide support to users who remove the footer, even if the footer is added back after the fact.
- Announcement thread: cpg1.5.30 maintenance release - upgrade recommended
- John Lewell. "Digital Photography for Next to Nothing". 2011. p. 307.
- Christopher Negus. "Linux Bible". 2008. p. 662.
- Tad Boomer. "Building Websites with E107". 2007. section "The Coppermine Plugin".
- Tamar Weinberg. "The New Community Rules: Marketing on the Social Web". 2009. p. 283.
- About Coppermine Licensing
- Topic: Is this a usage of Coppermine without the copyright/link?