Copyright Agency (Azerbaijan)
|Azərbaycan Respublikası Müəllif Hüquqları Agentliyi|
Coat of Arms of Azerbaijan
|Formed||September 10, 1993|
|Headquarters||40 U. Hajibeyov Street, Government House, 1st floor, Baku, Azerbaijan Republic AZ1000|
|Agency executive||Kamran Imanov,
Chairman of State Copyright Agency
The Copyright Agency of Azerbaijan Republic (Azerbaijani: Azərbaycan Respublikası Müəllif Hüquqları Agentliyi) is a governmental agency within the Cabinet of Azerbaijan in charge of regulation of activities related to protection of copyrights and intellectual property in Azerbaijan Republic. The committee is headed by Kamran Imanov.
History and structure
The Copyright Agency was established by the Presidential Decree on September 10, 1993. The main functions of the agency are creation of favorable legal conditions for potential people seeking to make contributions to scientific research in the country, literature and art; protection of copyright, related to the intellectual property and conducting state policy in field of the international cultural exchange; representation of Azerbaijan in international events, encouraging cooperation with similar agencies abroad; state registration of scientific, cultural and art works, etc. Azerbaijan enacted Law on Copyright and Related Rights in 1996.
Azerbaijan is a member of World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), a party to the Convention Establishing the World Intellectual Property Organization, the Paris Convention for Protection of Industrial Property, the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works, and the Geneva Phonograms Convention.
The agency was given the duty of protecting the folklore of Azerbaijan by President Ilham Aliyev.
- "Directory of Intellectual Property Offices". WIPO. Retrieved 2007-04-15.
- Global ICT Conference : 25-28, November, 2004 : Baku, Azerbaijan
- "Doing Business in Azerbaijan 2005" (PDF). Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Azerbaijan. Archived from the original on 2007-02-07. Retrieved 2007-04-15.
- "Azərbaycan Respublikası Xarici İşlər Nazirliyi. Təhsil və mədəniyyət" [Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan Republic]. Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- "Copyright Agency of the Republic of Azerbaijan". Retrieved 2010-12-21.
- "Azerbaijan". Eastern Michigan University. Archived from the original on 2007-03-04. Retrieved 2007-04-15.
|This Azerbaijan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about law in Asia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|