|Birth name||Peter William Nelson|
|Also known as||Cwrite, Copy, C, Copywrite 78, Peter Mirabella|
|Born||June 12, 1978 (age 34)|
|Labels||Man Bites Dog/O.D.O.T, Eastern Conference|
|Associated acts||MHz, The Weathermen, Evidence, King Dom, MF Grimm|
Peter William Nelson (better known by his stage name Copywrite, also known as Copywrite 78, C-write, or Copy) is an underground hip hop artist from Columbus, Ohio. His ancestry consists of mixed Irish and Italian. He is a member of the Columbus crew MegaHertz (or MHz for short), Nelson emerged from the underground scene in 1998 along with his group "MHz" with a debut single on Fondle 'em Records, entitled "World Premier" b/w a solo song by the late Tero Alexander Smith, better known to the rap world as "Camu Tao" entitled "Camu" own by Bobbito Garcia & later went solo due to DJ Mighty Mi not wanting to sign his group, "MHz". In 2000 he released "Holier Than Thou" with producer RJD2 on Eastern Conference/Rawkus Records.
His debut album The High Exhaulted was released on the Eastern Conference label to some praise, although some felt that RJD2's beats were too dark for Copywrite's persona. His second release, Cruise Control Mixtape: Volume 1, was released on the O.D.O.T. record label in 2004, rerelased on Nature Sounds in 2005 and featured production from Jake One, J-Zone, & the late, great Jay Dilla. Copywrite was one of an original members of the Weathermen, but left after personal disagreements with Cage.
In 2007 Copywrite appeared on the debut album by R.O.N.O. and on the UK rap group Rhyme Asylum's debut album. His 2007 mixtape The Jerk: Volume 0 features guest appearances from Royce da 5'9", Crooked I, Killah Priest, Thirstin Howl III, Shabaam Sahdeeq, Jakki Da Motamouth, Catalyst, King.Dom, and Meta4ce Omega. It also features production from the late J Dilla, Jake One, Rocktight, the late DJ Przm, DR Period, platinum producers Cool & Dre, D-Dot, Needlz, Kickdrums, Chris Scholar, Jay Notes, Mighty Fuzz Young, and more.
In 2009 Copywrite released his EP Ultrasound: The Rebirth EP in addition his second official album, The Life and Times of Peter Nelson (Man Bites Dog Records/O.D.O.T. Records) in November of the following year. The album featured collaborations with Sean Price, MF Grimm, Dilated Peoples, Copywrite's MHz crew (Camu Tao, Jakki Da Motamouth & Tage Future), and more. The project also contained notable producers RJD2, Illmind, Josh Gabriel, Twiz the Beat Pro, Kount Fif, Surock and more.
In February 2012, Copywrite released his third full length LP, God Save The King, also on Man Bites Dog Records. God Save The King featured production from Bronze Nazareth (of Wisemen), Illmind, Jason Rose, Khrysis (of Away Team), Marco Polo, Poetiq Beetz, RJD2, S.G. On The Traxxx, and Stu Bangas. That same year, he also made an appearance on the song "Menace" on St. Cule's album, American Beef.
In addition to dissing Philadelphia's The High & Mighty on the track "Poorly Promote This," Copy has recently come out with two disses to Asher Roth called "The Real Fake Shady (Asher To Ashes)" and, after response track "Silly Boy" from Asher, "Cremation" Produced by DC's Official Beatsmith Surock. It explains how he feels about Asher Roth's style. Copywrite also had a short lived but fiery feud with fellow underground rapstar Cage Kennylz the feud ended after Copywrite attacked Kennylz outside of a nightclub. It was later confirmed while the two were fighting at the time, the feud was exaggerated for a publicity stunt.
- Studio albums
- T.H.E. High Exhaulted (2002) Re-Release (June 1, 2010)
- Ultrasound: The Rebirth EP (2009)
- The Life and Times of Peter Nelson (November 16, 2010 on iTunes)
- God Save The King (February 28, 2012)
- Cruise Control Mixtape: Volume 1 (2004) Nature Sounds
- The Jerk: Volume 0 (2007)
- The Worst of the Best of Copywrite: Mixtape Vol. 1 (2007)
- The Rarities (2010) 
- Caught on Audio Cassette: To Hell and Back (2011)
- MHz (with Jakki Da Motamouth, Tage Future, Camu Tao & RJD2)
- Table Scraps (2001) Re-Release (2009)
- Megacy (as MHz Legacy) (October 30, 2012)
- The Weathermen (with Cage, Tame One, El-P, Yak Ballz, Camu Tao, Jakki Da Motamouth, Breeze Brewin & Vast Aire)
- The Conspiracy (Mixtape)
- Vampires (Unofficial Mixtape)
- King Dom
- The Misadventures Of Pete And Dom (TBA)
- O.D.O.T. (with King Dom, Catalyst, Meta4ce & Tage Future)
- DJ E-V Presents O.D.O.T. - 'E.V. Money: The O.D.O.T. Takeover (Mixtape)
- Copywrite: The High Exhaulted Review
- Copywrite (Mick Boogie & Joey Fingaz Present) - 'The Jerk Vol. 0 (AUTOGRAPHED)' (Mix CD (Slimline)) Detail - Underground Hip Hop - Store
- Album information
- "Copywrite Rarities CD. 19 tracks. All very rare. Some unrelea... on Twitpic". Twitpic.com. Retrieved 2012-06-12.