What Are You Shopping For?
|Location||2929 Barnet Highway, Coquitlam, B.C., V3B 5R5|
|Opening date||August 1979|
|Management||Morguard Investments Limited|
|Owner||Pensionfund Realty Limited|
|No. of stores and services||200|
|No. of anchor tenants||9|
|Total retail floor area||913,665 ft²|
|No. of floors||2|
Coquitlam Centre is a shopping mall in Coquitlam, British Columbia, built in 1979 and expanded in 2001. It is located at the southern edge of the Coquitlam Town Centre area, near Coquitlam Central Station and several other smaller shopping centres. Coquitlam Centre is the largest mall in the Tri-Cities area, with 913,665 ft² and 200 stores and services.
Coquitlam Centre is a super-regional sized shopping centre anchored by Target, Sears, The Bay, Future Shop, London Drugs, T & T Supermarket, H&M, Sport Chek, Golf Town, Old Navy, Gap, Sephora, Apple, and Atmosphere.
Smaller malls that have been built near Coquitlam Centre to take advantage of the retail traffic include Henderson Place, Pinetree Village, Sunwood Square, and Westwood Mall Shopping Centre.
- Future Shop (37,878 ft² / 3,519 m²)
- London Drugs (33,516 ft² / 3,397.3 m²)
- Sears (151,455 ft² / 14,070.6 m²)
- T & T Supermarket (30,851 ft² / 3,071.6 m²)
- The Bay (120,527 ft² / 11,197.3 m²)
- Target (111,668 ft² / 10,801.8 m²)
Coquitlam Centre's location was chosen because it is at the intersection of Lougheed Highway and Barnet Highway, two major regional thoroughfares and which provide access to Highway 1. As well, the mall is located across from Coquitlam Central Station, a major transportation hub for the area with a public bus interchange, West Coast Express commuter rail station, along with a future SkyTrain station of the same name, which is scheduled to open in 2016. On July 19, 2012, the Federal Government, the City of Coquitlam, and Coquitlam Centre finalized a deal that will see Lincoln Station added to the route of the Evergreen Line, effectively giving the mall its own SkyTrain station when complete in 2016.
Film and television
- Coquitlam Centre: Centre Information Retrieved on 1 March 2009
- Coquitlam Centre: Categories Retrieved on 1 March 2008
- Coquitlam Centre: Location Retrieved on 1 March 2009
- TransLink: Coquitlam Central Station Retrieved on 1 March 2009
- West Coast Express: Coquitlam Central Station Retrieved on 1 March 2009
- TransLink: Evergreen Line Retrieved on 1 March 2009
- Vancouver Sun:  Retrieved on 23 July, 2012
- imdb.com: Titles with locations including Coquitlam Centre Retrieved on 1 March 2008