Coquitlam Sports Centre
|Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex|
|Location||Coquitlam, British Columbia|
|Owner||City of Coquitlam|
|Coquitlam Express (BCHL) (2001-2005, 2010-)
Coquitlam Adanacs (WLA)
Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex is a multi-purpose all-season recreation complex in Coquitlam, British Columbia. The facility is used by a wide variety of groups including hockey, lacrosse, and ringette teams, curlers, and figure skaters.
The facility has 3 different playing surfaces. The main arena features an NHL standard 200' x 85' playing surface with seating for 2200 spectators. An annex provides an additional 200' x 85' playing surface and a six sheet curling rink.
Expansion and renovation
- Expansion of main arena to 2200, with the ice surface extended to the NHL standard length of 200 feet
- Replacement of the recreational arena
- Replacement of the curling rink
- Lobby improvements to integrate the facility with the Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- New washrooms, concession areas, dressing rooms, and administration areas
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex at the City of Coquitlam web site
- Satellite view of the Coquitlam Sports Centre on Google Maps