Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex
|Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex|
|Location||Coquitlam, British Columbia|
|Owner||City of Coquitlam|
|Coquitlam Express (BCHL) (2001-2005, 2010-)
Coquitlam Adanacs (WLA)
Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex is a multi-purpose all-season recreation complex in Coquitlam, British Columbia. The facility is used by a wide variety of groups including hockey, lacrosse, and ringette teams, curlers, and figure skaters.
The facility has 3 different playing surfaces. The main arena features an NHL standard 200' x 85' playing surface with seating for 2200 spectators. An annex provides an additional 200' x 85' playing surface and a six sheet curling rink.
The facility is the home of the Coquitlam Express of the British Columbia Hockey League, the Coquitlam Adanacs of the Western Lacrosse Association, and the Coquitlam Adanacs of the BC Junior A Lacrosse League.
Expansion and renovation
- Expansion of main arena to 2200, with the ice surface extended to the NHL standard length of 200 feet
- Replacement of the recreational arena
- Replacement of the curling rink
- Lobby improvements to integrate the facility with the Aquatic and Fitness Centre
- New washrooms, concession areas, dressing rooms, and administration areas
- Poirier Sport & Leisure Complex at the City of Coquitlam web site
- Satellite view of the Coquitlam Sports Centre on Google Maps