Cora van Nieuwenhuizen
Cornelia (Cora) van Nieuwenhuizen-Wijbenga (born 12 June 1963 in Ridderkerk) is a Dutch politician. As a member of the People's Party for Freedom and Democracy (Volkspartij voor Vrijheid en Democratie) she was an MP from 17 June 2010 until 1 July 2014. She mainly focused on matters of aviation, water transport and energy policy. She was elected as an MEP in the European Parliament election of 2014. In the House of Representatives she was succeeded by Jeroen van Wijngaarden.
She was a member of the municipal council of Oisterwijk from 1994 to 2006 as well as VVD fraction leader from 2002 to 2003. She was also a member and VVD fraction leader of the States-Provincial of North Brabant from 2003 to 2007 and a member of the States Deputed of North Brabant from 2007 to 2010.
- "(Cora) van Nieuwenhuizen" (in Dutch). Europese Verkiezingen 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- "Jeroen van Wijngaarden nieuw Tweede Kamerlid voor de VVD" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 1 July 2014. Retrieved 8 August 2014.
- (Dutch) Parlement.com biography
- (Dutch) Cora van Nieuwenhuizen personal website
- (Dutch) House of Representatives biography
- (Dutch) People's Party for Freedom and Democracy website
|This article about a Dutch People's Party for Freedom and Democracy politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|