Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang
|Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang|
Theatrical movie poster
|Directed by||Richard Somes|
|Produced by||Charo Santos-Concio
|Written by||Richard Somes|
|Screenplay by||Jerry Gracio|
|Music by||Von de Guzman|
|Edited by||Angeli Laparan
|Distributed by||Star Cinema|
Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang (Tagalog for Corazon: The First Vampire), or simply Corazon, is a 2012 Filipino psychological thriller film starring Erich Gonzales and Derek Ramsay. It is the second film produced by Skylight Films, and release by Star Cinema.
Corazon revolves around the love story of a married couple during the times of Japanese rule in the Philippines who's having a hard time conceiving a child. After joining traditional fertility rites in honor of certain patron saints, their prayers are eventually answered but unexpected circumstances will lead to their baby's death. At which point the conflict of the story will begin.
Cast and characters
- Erich Gonzales as Corazon
- Derek Ramsay as Daniel
- Tetchie Agbayani as Melinda
- Mark Gil as Matias
- Epi Quizon as Naldo
- Mon Confiado as Berto
- Maria Isabel Lopez as Herminia
- Sue Prado as Concha
- Dan Alvaro as Romulo
- Sharlene San Pedro as Nene
- Bodjie Pascua as Maning
- Hermie Concepcion as Maya
- Laiza Comia as Liza
Early production began in May 2011. The film is said to be a period love story about Philippine folklore. The director, Richard Somes revealed that the idea of the concept was created in 2008 after he finished his first horror full-length script, Yanggaw, a story that dwells on the aswang myth and the culture that surrounds the legend. The film is said to be set in the time of the Japanese rule. The trailer simultaneously premiered in the premiere of the ABS-CBN Sunday night variety show, Sarah G. Live, in television and in the official YouTube account of Star Cinema online. The poster was also released the same time via Star Cinema's Twitter account.
The film was graded "B" by the Cinema Evaluation Board. The film received R-13 rating from the MTRCB. On the review of Philippine Entertainment Portal; they praised the visuals, while the common complaint from the film is that the storytelling is a bit messy. Pep also pointed out there are too many side stories in the film, that they should have been focused on the title character.
- Corazon: Ang Unang Aswang at Box Office Mojo
- Corazon set to air on March 2012
- Erich Gonzales says she’s ready to do her love scenes with Derek Ramsay in ‘Corazon’
- "synopsis". smcinema.
- Alyssa and Jomix topbill Corazon, a period love story about "aswangs"
- "PEP REVIEW: Corazon Ang Unang Aswang offers poetic visuals that highlight its supernatural theme". Pep.ph.
- "20 TOP GROSSING FILIPINO FILMS OF 2012". PUSH.com.ph. Retrieved January 22, 2013.
- "CORAZON tops 2012 Maindie Films!". Retrieved January 22, 2013.