|Traded as||TSX: CSW.A (voting)
TSX: CSW.B (non-voting)
|Industry||Beverages - Wineries & Distillers|
|Headquarters||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
Corby Spirit and Wine Limited is an alcohol manufacturing and distribution company in Canada.
It was founded in 1859 in Corbyville, Ontario. As of 2008, the company is 46% owned by Pernod Ricard SA. The company distills several Canadian specialities, as well as marketing Pernod Ricard's products in Canada.
- 1905, sold to Mortimer Davis as H. Corby Distillery Company Limited
- 1918, sold to Canadian Industrial Alcohol Company Limited, merged with JP Wiser’s Distillery Limited of Prescott, Ontario, J.M. Douglas and Company Limited, and Robert Macnish and Co. Limited of Scotland.
- 1935 Hiram Walker – Gooderham & Worts Ltd acquires 51% share
- 1952, company wins right to produce United Rum Merchants of London's Lamb's Rum in Canada
- 1954, company buys stake in Tia Maria
- 1969, named changed to "Corby Distilleries Limited – Les Distilleries Corby Limitée"
- 1978, purchases Meagher’s Distillery Limited of Montreal and its subsidiary, The William Mara Company of Toronto.
- 1985, Corby's parent company is purchased by Allied Lyons PLC
- 1988, Corby divests itself of Robert MacNish Scotch Company, purchases McGuinness Distilling Co. Ltd from Heublein, and the spirits division of Nabisco brands.
- 1989, distillery in Corbyville, Ontario closes
- 1991, Corby buys Upper Canada Brewing Company Limited, resold in 1995
- 2005 Corby's parent company purchased by Pernod Ricard of France
- 2006 Corby sells stake in Tia Maria to Pernod Ricard and purchases international rights to Lamb's Rum
- 2013 Corby changes its name to Corby Spirit and Wine Limited.
- Wiser's whisky
- Polar Ice Vodka
- Lamb's Rum
- McGuinness Liqueur Family
- Pike Creek Canadian Whisky
- Lot 40 Canadian Whisky
- "Company Profile for Corby Distilleries Ltd (CA;CDL.A)". Retrieved 2008-10-14.
- PERNOD RICARD - Canada
- Official website (age-restricted access)