January 23, 1987 |
|Bats: Switch||Throws: Right|
|June 8, 2011 for the Cleveland Indians|
(through 2013 season)
|Runs batted in||11|
Robert Cord Phelps (born January 23, 1987) is an American professional baseball infielder for the Baltimore Orioles of Major League Baseball (MLB). The Cleveland Indians selected him in the third round of the 2008 MLB Draft after he played collegiate baseball for the Stanford Cardinal.
Phelps was called up to the majors for the first time on June 8, 2011.
Phelps was designated for assignment on November 20, 2013.
Phelps was claimed off waivers by the Baltimore Orioles on November 25, 2013. He was outrighted to Triple-A Norfolk on December 9, 2013. On August 24, 2014 the Orioles designated Phelps for assignment.
- Manoloff, Dennis (7 June 2011). "Cleveland Indians have promoted INF Cord Phelps from Class AAA Columbus, source says". The Plain Dealer (Cleveland, OH: Advance Media). Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Meisel, Zack (19 June 2011). "Phelps powers Indians past Pirates in 11th". Mlb.com (Major League Baseball Advanced Media). Retrieved 30 September 2012.
- Zuppe, T.J. (November 20, 2013). "Indians Add Five Players To 40-Man Roster, DFA Cord Phelps". CBS Cleveland. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Ghiroli, Brittany (November 25, 2013). "Orioles pluck infielder Phelps off waivers from Indians". MLB.com. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- "Orioles outright infielder Cord Phelps to Triple-A Norfolk". masnsports.com. December 9, 2013. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Orioles add RHP Miguel Gonzalez to rotation". ESPN.com. Associated Press. August 24, 2014. Retrieved August 24, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
|This biographical article relating to a baseball second baseman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|