Cordry Sweetwater Lakes, Indiana
|Cordry Sweetwater Lakes, Indiana|
|• Total||3.4 sq mi (8.8 km2)|
|• Land||2.7 sq mi (7.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.7 sq mi (1.7 km2)|
|Elevation||947 ft (289 m)|
|• Density||409/sq mi (158.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||2629877|
Cordry Sweetwater Lakes had its start in the 1960s with the completion of the Cordry and Sweetwater dams. The dams impounded the Cordry and Sweetwater lakes, around which property developers built up the community.
Cordry Sweetwater Lakes is located in northeastern Brown County at  It consists of a residential community surrounding two reservoirs, Cordry Lake and Sweetwater Lake.(39.296284, -85.949220).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.4 square miles (8.8 km2), of which 2.7 square miles (7.1 km2) is land and 0.66 square miles (1.7 km2), or 18.94%, is water.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cordry Sweetwater Lakes CDP, Indiana". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved November 15, 2013.
- "Area History". Cordry Sweetwater Lakes Community. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.