|Type||Public (NYSE: COR)|
|Headquarters||Denver, CO, USA|
|Key people||Thomas Ray, CEO|
CoreSite Realty Corporation is a national, carrier-neutral provider of data centers, colocation, and peering. The company has 16 data centers in the Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Northern Virginia, San Francisco/San Jose, Santa Clara, and Washington DC areas. The company also operates the Any2Exchange, one of the largest peering communities in the United States. The company was a wholly owned operating partner of The Carlyle Group, but is now publicly traded with little institutional interest.
The company was founded in 2001 as CRG West at two of the West coast's original carrier hotels: Market Post Tower and One Wilshire. In June 2009, the company completed a rebranding, launching its new website on June 22, 2009.
The company currently has more than 750 customers ranging from start-ups to Fortune 500 organizations. The company leases space to its customers in quantities ranging from one cabinet to an entire private data center.
CoreSite has over 2.5 million square feet of data center space and founded the Any2 Exchange, an internet exchange with more than 160 members.
Data center locations
The company operates 16 data centers located in 8 major metro areas across North America.
- Bay Area, California, (3 Locations) Market Post Tower, Santa Clara Exchange, and Valley Exchange
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Chicago, Illinois
- Los Angeles, California, (2 Locations) One Wilshire and Wilshire Annex
- Miami, Florida, Miami data center. This center is 48,000 square feet (4,500 m2) and was designed to deliver up too 170 Watts per square foot and withstand category 5 hurricanes.
- New York City
- Northern Virginia, Reston Exchange
- Washington DC
- "List of Public Exchange Points". PeeringDB.com. August 24, 2009.
- "CRG West Rebranding as CoreSite". DataCenterKnowledge.com. June 22, 2009.
- "CRG West Changes Name to CoreSite". TheWHIR.com. June 22, 2009.
- LA’s One Wilshire Sold for $287 Million. DataCenter Knowledge, August 6, 2007
- "CRG West Changes Name to CoreSite - A Carlyle Company". ITKnowledgeExchange.TechTarget.com. June 22, 2009.
- "Wolverine Selects CRG West NYC Facility". TheWHIR.com. April 8, 2009.
- "CRG West Positioned to Host Derivatives Hub". DataCenterKnowledge.com. January 26, 2009.
- Conrad, Katherine (March 27, 2007). "Silicon Valley data centers hot again." (free with registration). San Jose Mercury News (San Jose, CA). Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- Jardin, Xeni (February 19, 2007). "Xeni Tech: A Los Angeles 'Hotel' for Internet Carriers". National Public Radio - Day to Day,.
- "CRG West Expands Boston Facility".
- "LA data firm leases 51,000 s/f at Rudin's 32 6th Ave." (free with registration). Real Estate Weekly. July 25, 2007.
- "CRG West Expands New York City Data Center".
- Data centers hot once again in the Bay Area. Oakland Tribune, April 1, 2007