|Leaf-footed bugs and allies|
|Corizus hyoscyami of the Rhopalidae|
5, see text
There are 5 families presently recognized, but the Coreoidea as a whole are part of a close-knit group with the Lygaeoidea and Pyrrhocoroidea and it is likely that these three superfamilies are paraphyletic to a significant extent; they are therefore in need of revision and redelimitation.
The families are:
- Alydidae – broad-headed bugs
- Coreidae – leaf-footed bugs and squash bugs
- Rhopalidae – scentless plant bugs
- ToL (1995, 2005)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coreoidea.|
|Wikispecies has information related to: Coreoidea|
- Tree of Life Web Project (ToL) (1995): Pentatomomorpha. Flat bugs, stink bugs, seed bugs, leaf-footed bugs, scentless plant bugs, etc.. Version of 1995-JAN-01. Retrieved 2008-JUL-28.
- Tree of Life Web Project (ToL) (2005): Coreoidea. Broad-headed bugs, leaf-footed bugs, scentless plant bugs, etc.. Version of 2005-JUN-21. Retrieved 2008-JUL-28.
|This article related to members of the insect order Hemiptera is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|