Corey Fuller (wide receiver)
Fuller playing for VT in 2012.
No. 10 Detroit Lions
|Date of birth:June 28, 1990|
|Place of birth: Baltimore, Maryland|
|High school: Baltimore (MD) Woodlawn|
|College: Virginia Tech|
|NFL Draft: 2013 / Round: 6 / Pick: 171|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Practice Squad|
Career NFL statistics
Corey Alexander Fuller (born June 28, 1990) is an American football wide receiver for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Lions in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
Fuller attended Woodlawn High School in Baltimore, Maryland. He lettered two seasons in football as a quarterback, and was a Nike indoor track All-American as a senior. He won first team all-state indoor and outdoor track honors as a senior, and was an AAU National Champion as a member of the Baltimore City AAU team his final season.
Track and field
Fuller competed in the 100 meters, triple jump and long jump in his two years at Kansas. He had a very successful freshman season, finishing second in the triple jump at both the Kansas and Drake Relays. He also placed in the top three in six of the eight indoor meets in which he competed in 2009, and had the team’s top triple jump in the outdoor season as a sophomore and third-best 100-meter time.
|100 meters||11.14||Fayetteville, Florida||April 20, 2010|
|Long Jump||6.63||Lawrence, Kansas||January 8, 2010|
|Triple jump||15.19||Ames, Iowa||February 27, 2010|
Fuller decided to transfer to Virginia Tech in fall 2010 where his brother Vincent Fuller had played and his younger brother Kyle Fuller was a current player, and walked-on to the football team, while sitting out the 2010 season. After recording only two receptions for 19 yards in 2011, Fuller became a full-time starter in his final season. He played in all 13 games, making eight starts, and recorded 43 receptions for 815 yards and six touchdowns.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 2 in||204 lb||331⁄4 in||91⁄2 in||4.43 s||1.53 s||2.49 s||4.48 s||7.17 s||31.5 in||10 ft 0 in||12 reps|
|All values from NFL Combine, except shuttle and 3-cone which are from Virginia Tech's Pro Day.|
Fuller's brothers all played college football at Virginia Tech like he did. His older brother, Vincent, is a retired safety that spent the majority of his career with the Tennessee Titans. His younger brother, Kyle, plays cornerback and was selected by the Chicago Bears in the first round of the 2014 NFL Draft. His youngest brother, Kendall, is currently playing cornerback for Virginia Tech.
- "Football :: Corey Fuller". hokiesports.com. 2013-02-01. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Jones, Mike. "Virginia Tech’s Corey Fuller following in brother’s footsteps to NFL". Washingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- "2013 NFL Draft results: Lions pick Corey Fuller". Pride Of Detroit. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- NFL Combine Profile
- "Corey Fuller | Virginia Tech, WR : 2013 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Nfldraftscout.com. 2006-09-21. Retrieved 2013-12-27.
- Pache, Paula (August 31, 2013). "Lions cut roster to 53". TheMorningSun.com. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- Lions to sign Jeremy Ross to practice squad
- New Lions Offense Means Fresh Start For Practice Squad WR Corey Fuller
- Barker, Jeff (November 15, 2013). "For Fuller brothers, Virginia Tech has become a family home". BaltimoreSun.com. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- Twentyman, Tim (February 24, 2014). "Kyle Fuller would love joining brother Corey in Detroit". DetroitLions.com. Retrieved 2014-07-04.
- #11 Kendall Fuller - VT Hokies football bio