|European Commissioner for Regional Policy
1 November 2014
24 June 1967 |
|Political party||Social Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||Bucharest University of
Corina Creţu (born June 24, 1967 in Bucharest) is a Romanian politician, currently the designate European Commissioner for Regional Policy. She is member of the Romanian Social Democratic Party (PSD) and Member of the European Parliament (sitting with the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats), In June 2014, she was elected Vice-President of the European Parliament.
Born in Bucharest, Creţu graduated from the Academy of Economic Studies' Faculty of Cybernetics (1989), and worked as an economist for a factory in Blaj until 1990. She briefly worked as a journalist and political comentator between 1990 and 1992 for newspapers Azi, Curierul Naţional, and Cronica Română (ro)  and then joined the Spokesperson's Cabinet of Romanian President Ion Iliescu (1992-1996).
In 1996, she became a member of the Romanian Social Democratic Party (PDSR).
Between 2000 and 2004, Creţu was Presidential Advisor, Presidential Spokesperson and Head of the Public Communication Department during Ion Iliescu's second mandate as Romanian president. In 2002, she was also selected by President Iliescu for the Board of the Romanian Television Company.
In 2000 se was elected Deputy in Romania's Parliament and in 2004 she became a Romanian Senator. As a Senator, she sat on the Foreign Policy Committee, and was a full member of the Romanian Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the OSCE. In January 2005, she was invited to Amman, Jordan, where she conducted a training seminar for appointees to spokesperson positions in Iraq. Creţu was also an OSCE observer to the parliamentary election of March 2005 in Moldova and to the general election of 2006 in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
In 2005, she became a member of Romania's observer delegation to the European Parliament. She became a Member of the European Parliament (sitting with the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats) on January 1, 2007 following the accession of Romania to the European Union. She was re-elected as MEP in 2007, 2009 and 2014.
- Agerpres (29 May 2014). "2014EP BIOGRAPHY MEP Corina Cretu". Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Cretu". Huffington Post. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- EurActiv.com (2 October 2014). "EPP holds Damocles' sword over Creţu". Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Mihai, Cătălina (10 September 2014). "Corina Creţu, desemnată comisar european pentru Politică Regională. Componenţa completă a viitoarei Comisii Europene". Mediafax. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Tudor, Iulian (3 October 2014). "Corina Creţu, printre premianţii Comisiei Europene". RomaniaTV. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Cretu". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Commission: Corina Cretu n’a pas vraiment crevé l’écran (in French)". Lalibre.be. 1 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Cretu gets positive opinion after EP hearing". The Diplomat Bucharest. 2 October 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Dadacul, Liviu (10 September 2014). "BIOGRAFIE: Cine este Corina Creţu, noul comisar european pentru Politică Regională". Mediafax. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "EC president Junker prefers Corina Cretu for Regional Policy European Commissioner mandate". Romania-Insider. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Creţu, observator OSCE la alegerile din Bosnia/Herţegovina (in Romanian)". Amos News. 29 September 2006. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Victor Ponta, la TVR, după reconfirmarea în funcţia de preşedinte al PSD: Greul acum începe (in Romanian)". Stirile TVR. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- Creţu, Corina (10 July 2008). "Tata". http://corinacretu.wordpress.com. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Creţu s-a căsătorit cu omul de afaceri Ovidiu Rogoz (in Romanian)". DCnews. 10 November 2012. Retrieved 19 October 2014.
- "Corina Cretu s-a cununat religios. Iliescu: Avea nevoie sa se casatoreasca, era putin cam stinghera". StirileProTV.ro. 11 November 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Official website
- Corina Creţu, The British War Against Immigrants is Anti-European, Unjustified and Wrong, Huffington Post, 2 June 2014.
- (Romanian) Corina Creţu at the Romanian Senate site
- (Romanian) Corina Creţu at the Romanian Chamber of Deputies site
|Romanian European Commissioner
|European Commissioner for Regional Policy
|This article has not been added to any categories. Please help out by adding categories to it so that it can be listed with similar articles. (October 2014)|