O'Brien is most famous for three books: Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents, Secret Lives of the First Ladies and Secret Lives of the Civil War. All three contain various anecdotes, ones which, according to the book jackets, "your teachers never told you about."
- "'Outnumbered': Stories Of Civil War Battles". National Public Radio. 2010-05-02. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Anderson, Gary (2010-06-09). "BOOK REVIEW: How they beat the military odds". Washington Times. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Cormac O'Brien discusses his book 'Secret Lives of the U.S. Presidents'". National Public Radio. 2004-02-15. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- McAllister, Joe (2004-02-14). "Piecing together the presidents". News of Delaware County. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Why sleeveless? Because Michelle Obama can". Reading Eagle. 2009-12-03. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- Rhone, Nedra (2008-10-30). "First ladies judged by their sense of style". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
|This article about a United States writer of non-fiction is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|