Cormorant Township, Becker County, Minnesota
|Cormorant Township, Minnesota|
|Motto: "The Heart of the Cormorant Lake Area"|
|• Total||36.3 sq mi (93.9 km2)|
|• Land||26.3 sq mi (68.2 km2)|
|• Water||9.9 sq mi (25.7 km2)|
|Elevation||1,358 ft (414 m)|
|• Density||39/sq mi (15.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0663873|
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 36.3 square miles (93.9 km2), of which 26.3 square miles (68.2 km2) is land and 9.9 square miles (25.7 km2), or 27.40%, is water.
- Bergerson Lake
- Big Cormorant Lake (west three-quarters)
- Cuba Lake
- Dahlberg Lake (southwest quarter)
- Fig Lake
- Larson Lake
- Leaf Lake (west quarter)
- Lake Ida
- Long Lake
- Middle Cormorant Lake
- Mollar Lake
- Nelson Lake
- Rose Lake
- Rossman Lake
- Severson Lake
- Tub Lake
- Turtle Lake
- Upper Cormorant Lake
- Lake Park Township (north)
- Audubon Township (northeast)
- Lake Eunice Township (east)
- Dunn Township, Otter Tail County (southeast)
- Scambler Township, Otter Tail County (south)
- Tansem Township, Clay County (southwest)
- Parke Township, Clay County (west)
- Eglon Township, Clay County (northwest)
The township contains Cormorant Lutheran Cemetery.
As of the census of 2000, there were 965 people, 422 households, and 316 families residing in the township. The population density was 36.6 people per square mile (14.1/km²). There were 977 housing units at an average density of 37.1/sq mi (14.3/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 98.86% White, 0.21% African American, 0.10% Native American, 0.31% Asian, and 0.52% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.41% of the population.
There were 422 households out of which 20.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 69.2% were married couples living together, 2.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 25.1% were non-families. 20.9% of all households were made up of individuals and 8.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.29 and the average family size was 2.63.
In the township the population was spread out with 17.3% under the age of 18, 3.8% from 18 to 24, 22.2% from 25 to 44, 34.3% from 45 to 64, and 22.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 49 years. For every 100 females there were 106.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.7 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $47,560, and the median income for a family was $54,444. Males had a median income of $41,635 versus $28,125 for females. The per capita income for the township was $24,016. About 1.6% of families and 4.7% of the population were below the poverty line, including 5.8% of those under age 18 and 1.8% of those age 65 or over.
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Cormorant township, Becker County, Minnesota". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 15, 2014.