|No. 94 Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:||September 10, 1989|
|Place of birth:||Hephzibah, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Waynesboro (GA) Burke Co.|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 6 / Pick: 188|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2014
|Stats at NFL.com|
Cornelius Davis Washington (born September 10, 1989) is an American football linebacker for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Bears in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft out of Georgia.
Track and field
Washington was a standout athlete for the Waynesboro (GA) Burke Co. track team. He was timed at 10.94 seconds in the 100 meters. He also competed in the shot put, he had a career-best throw of 13.75 meters.
With the Georgia Bulldogs, Washington recorded 76 tackles, 17 tackles-for-loss and 10.5 sacks, while starting 25 of the 51 games he appeared in. During the 2012 SEC Championship Game against Alabama, Washington blocked a field goal, which was recovered by teammate Alec Ogletree, who returned the blocked kick 55 yards for a touchdown.
2013 NFL Draft
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 4 in||265 lb||34 in||9½ in||4.53 s||1.60 s||2.59 s||39 in||10 ft 8 in||36 reps|
|All values from NFL Scouting Combine|
At the combine, Washington led linebackers in the 225-pound bench press with 36 repetitions.
Washington was selected by the Chicago Bears in the sixth-round (188th overall). The team stated that they want Washington to play left defensive end exclusively. On May 1, Washington and fifth-round pick Jordan Mills signed four-year contracts with the Bears. Washington appeared in two games in 2013, both against the Detroit Lions, recording a tackle. In week 12 of 2014 against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Washington recorded his first career sack.
On June 20, 2014, Washington was arrested for speeding and driving with a suspended license, but was released after paying a fine.
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- Sixth sense: Bears draft Georgia DE Cornelius Washington
- Mayer, Larry (2013-04-27). "Bears choose Georgia pass-rusher in sixth round". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Staats, Wayne (2013-04-27). "Burke County's Cornelius Washington picked by Chicago Bears". The Augusta Chronicle. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- "Cornelius Washington Draft Profile". National Football League. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- Associated Press (2013-04-27). "Bears select linebacker Greene, offensive tackle Mills on draft’s last day". The Washington Post. Retrieved 2013-04-27.[dead link]
- "Bears sign draft picks Mills, Washington". Chicago Tribune. 2013-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-01.
- Mayer, Larry (2014-06-23). "D-end Cornelius Washington arrested". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- "Adversity helps Bears discovery depth in roster". PSKR. 2014-11-24. Retrieved 2014-11-26.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|