Corning–Painted Post Airport
|Corning-Painted Post Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 7N1|
|Owner||Town of Erwin IDA|
|Serves||Corning, New York|
|Location||Painted Post, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||963 ft / 294 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Corning–Painted Post Airport (FAA LID: 7N1) is a public use airport in Steuben County, New York, United States. It is located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of the central business district of Corning. The airport is owned by the Town of Erwin and located near Painted Post, New York. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Corning–Painted Post Airport covers an area of 76 acres (31 ha) at an elevation of 963 feet (294 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 14/32 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,269 by 75 feet (996 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 19, 2012, the airport had 9,025 aircraft operations, an average of 24 per day: 99.7% general aviation and 0.3% air taxi. At that time there were 28 aircraft based at this airport: 96% single-engine and 4% helicopter.
One of the local operators is the Costa Flying Service, owing its name to Joseph Costa, a local pilot that attempted to cross the Atlantic in 1936, via Brazil. In the 1940s it was called "Costa's Airport". His son, Joseph R. Costa is currently the airport's manager.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 7N1 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- THE EVENING LEADER CORNING NY 1947-03-31, p3
- Corning-Painted Post Airport (7N1) at NYSDOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- Resources for this airport: