From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Charles Cornwallis, 1st Marquess Cornwallis (1738–1805) was a British Army officer and colonial administrator.
Cornwallis may also refer to:
- Cornwallis, Manitoba (rural municipality)
- Cornwallis Island, Nunavut
- Cornwallis River, Kings County, Nova Scotia
- Cornwallis Township, Kings County, Nova Scotia
- Cornwallis Park, Nova Scotia
- Cornwallis Square, Nova Scotia
- Cornwallis Junior High School in Halifax
- CFB Cornwallis, a former Canadian Forces Base
- Little Cornwallis Island, Nunavut
- Cornwallis Academy, Kent, England
- Cornwallis, a character who is a child of Mr. Hankey on South Park.
- Cornwallis Valley Railway, a branchline of the Dominion Atlantic Railway
- SS Cornwallis, a Canadian freighter attacked by German submarine U-514
- HMS Cornwallis, several ships of the Royal Navy
People with the surname
- Kinahan Cornwallis (1883-1959), British diplomat
- Thomas Cornwallis (1605-1675), one of the first commissioners of the Province of Maryland (brother of Sir William)
- Thomas Cornwallis (died 1604), MP for Grampound
- Sir William Cornwallis (died 1614) (c.1579-1614), British essayist
- George Cornwallis-West (1874-1951), stepfather of Winston Churchill
Aristocratic English family
- Baron Cornwallis
- Charles Cornwallis, 3rd Baron Cornwallis (1655-1698), who served as First Lord of the Admiralty
- Edward Cornwallis (1713-1776), British colonialist and founder of Halifax, Canada
- Frederick Cornwallis (1713-1783), Archbishop of Canterbury
- Sir William Cornwallis (1744-1819), British admiral during the Napoleonic Wars
People with the given name
- William Cornwallis Symonds (1810–1841), British officer in New Zealand
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cornwallis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.