From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up corpora, corpus, or corpuses in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Corpus (Latin plural corpora, English plural corpuses or corpora) is Latin for body. It may refer to:
- Corpus Christi (disambiguation)
- Corpus, the figure of Christ on a crucifix
- Corpus linguistics, the study of language as expressed in samples (corpora) of "real world" text
- Habeas corpus, a legal mechanism to end detention of a suspect
- Corpus delicti, a legal term meaning "body of the crime"
- Corpus callosum, a structure in the brain
- Corpus cavernosum (disambiguation), a pair of structures in human genitals
- Corpus luteum, a temporary endocrine structure in mammals
- Corpus gastricum, the Latin term referring to the body of the stomach
- Corpus alienum, a foreign object originating outside the body
Writings (including medical and legal)
- Hippocratic Corpus, the lectures and writings of Hippocrates
- Corpus Inscriptionum Etruscarum, an index of Etruscan texts
- Corpus Reformatorum, a collection of Reformation writings
- An abbreviation for the Corpus Juris Civilis, a collection of four books on law by Justinian I
- Corpus Hermeticum, a collection of Egyptian-Greek Wisdom texts from the second century
- Corpus Areopagiticum, a collection of theologic and phlisophic texts attributed to a "Dionysius"
- Corpus Aristotelicum, a collection of texts by the philosopher Aristotle
- Corpus Scriptorum Christianorum Orientalium, a collection of eastern Christian texts with over 600 volumes
- Corpus (band), Punk band from Sydney, Australia
- Corpus (album), by Sebastian Santa Maria
- Corpus Delicti (band), also known simply as "Corpus"
- Corpus Callosum (2007 film), a 2007 film
- Corpus (Bernini), a 1650 sculpture of Christ by Gian Lorenzo Bernini
- Corpus (museum), a human body themed museum in the Netherlands
- The Corpus Clock, a large sculptural clock
- Corpus (dance troupe), a Canadian dance troupe
- Corpus (board game), an abstract strategy game by R3 Design Group
Business and finance
- Corpus Fund, the capital generated for the continued sustainence of an organization
- Corpus separatum (disambiguation), a form of political administration used in international conflict resolution
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Corpus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.