Corruption in Iran
|Corruption by country|
|Oceania and the Pacific|
According to Transparency International, which publishes the annual Corruption Perception Index, in 2012, Iran was ranked 2.8 out of 10 with a score of rank of 133, tied with Comoros, Guyana, Honduras, Kazakhstan, and Russia. Reformists and conservatives alike - at times even the Supreme Leader. - routinely criticize corruption in the government.
Then-President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has vouched to fight "economic/oil Mafia" at all echelons of government. President Ahmadinejad has also proposed that lawmakers consider a bill, based on which the wealth and property of all officials who have held high governmental posts since 1979 could be investigated. Many Iranians believe the country's economic problems are a byproduct of mismanagement and corruption.
- Crime in Iran
- Smuggling in Iran
- History of the Islamic Republic of Iran
- Supreme Audit Court of Iran
- Islamic Revolutionary Court
- 2011 Iranian embezzlement scandal
- Economy of Iran
- Government of Iran
- Samii, Bill (2005-04-05). "Analysis: Corruption Becomes An Issue In Iran's Presidential Campaign - Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty © 2010". Rferl.org. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- Iran Economy: Population, GDP, Inflation, Business, Trade, FDI, Corruption
- Iran's Attorney General Announces: All Three Branches of Government Are Corrupt
- Bland, Archie (2009-11-18). "Iran drops in corruption list amid calls for new urgency in the West - Middle East, World". London: The Independent. Retrieved 2010-08-09.
- فرمان رهبر انقلاب در مبارزه با مفاسد اقتصادی
- "News Analysis: Firing Tightens Iranian President's Economic Circle". Payvand.com. 2006-11-22. Retrieved 2010-08-21.
- "Iran may Probe into Officials' Assets". Payvand.com. 2006-11-22. Retrieved 2010-08-21.