From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up cortex, cortical, or cortices in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cortex may refer to:
- Cortex (anatomy), the outermost or superficial layer of an organ
- Cortex (archaeology), the outer layer of rock formed on the exterior of raw materials by chemical and mechanical weathering processes
- Cortex (botany), the outer portion of the stem or root of a plant
- Cortex (hair), the middle layer of a strand of hair
- Adrenal cortex, the portion of the adrenal gland responsible for the production of cortisol and aldosterone
- Cell cortex, the region proximal to the cell surface, i.e. directly underneath the cell membrane
- Renal cortex, the outer portion of the kidney
- Cerebral cortex, the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebrum, part of which is the forebrain
- Cerebellar cortex, the outer layer of the vertebrate cerebellum
- Cortex (video game), a game for Amiga computers
- Doctor Neo Cortex, the main antagonist in the Crash Bandicoot series of video games
- Nina Cortex, Doctor Neo Cortex's niece
- Cortex, a family of the ARM architecture of CPUs
- Cortex, a virtual world in the TV series Code Lyoko
- Cortex, a Swedish post-punk alternative band featuring Freddie Wadling
- Cortex (journal), a scientific journal founded in 1964 and produced by Masson Publishing
- Cortex Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical company based in Irvine, California
- Cordtex (explosive cord), a type of detonating cord generally used in mining
- Cortex Command, a 2-dimensional side-scrolling action game developed by Data Realms
- All pages with titles containing "cortex"
- All pages beginning with "cortical"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.