||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as it includes attribution to IMDb. (April 2008)|
August 27, 1973 |
Cory Bowles (born August 27, 1973) is a Canadian actor and choreographer.
Life and career
Known to most as Cory in Trailer Park Boys, he also is the principal choreographer of Halifax based Contemporary Dance Company Verve Mwendo, plays in the rock band Aide-De-Camp and voices the children's series Poko. By the age of 20 he had already gained a rep as a cocky and quick tongued MC in Hip Club Groove, releasing an EP on No Records and later a full length on the infamous Murderecords imprint. The band toured frequently across the country, often opening for other Halifax based bands such as Sloan.
He later formed a theatre company in 1997 with bandmate Joe Wynne called The Good Companions. After closing down the company he went on to further his studies as a dancer and choreographer in Alberta.
He has traveled around the globe studying the roots of black dance and music, particularly through his own family line and continues to follow the advancements of Black tradition in popular culture. He received a Gemini Award for his work on Trailer Park Boys and ECMA nominations for music. His quirky choreography has turned up in music videos for artists such as Matt Mays and Jenn Grant.
- Roller Town (2009) (Picnicface)
- TV with TV's Jonathan Torrens Television series (2009)
- Poor Boy's Game (2007)
- North/South Television series (2006)
- Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty (2006)
- Trailer Park Boys Television Series (2001–2006)
- Awarded A Gemini Award for Best Ensemble in A comedy Series
- Poko TV Series (2003-)
- The Killing of Kings (2004)
- Blessings (2003)
- Trailer Park Boys Indie Film (1999)
- 2006 Dear Skeleton - AIDE-DE-CAMP (Safety Workbook)
- 2005 E - AIDE-DE-CAMP (Safety Workbook)
- 2001 Hiss II - DJ MOVES (Low Pressure)
- 1999 The Hooded Fang - Josh Martinez (Camobear)
- 1998 Psyche Intangible - Sixtoo (Metaforensics)
- 1996 Land of the Lost - Hip Club Groove (Funtrip Records)
- 1995 Superstar - Len (Funtrip Records)
- 1996 Bassments of Badmen - Various Artists (Hand'solo Recordings)
- 1994 Trailer Park Hip Hop - Hip Club Groove (Murderecords)
- 1993 Cool Beans EP - Hip Club Groove (with Len and Zoltar) (No Records)
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Cory Bowles|