At a game in Denver in November, 2010.
No. 53 Detroit Lions
|Date of birth:June 5, 1985|
|Place of birth: Kingston, Ontario|
|High school: Kingston (ON) Regiopolis-Notre Dame|
|CFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 1 / Pick: 3|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Kansas City Chiefs|
|Roster status: Reserve/Injured|
Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012
Cory Greenwood (born June 5, 1985) is an American football linebacker for the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He has played as a middle linebacker and long snapper. He played college football for the Concordia University Stingers, and was drafted third overall by the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League (CFL) in the 2010 CFL Draft, after Toronto traded up to be in a position to draft him. A few days later, however, he signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Greenwood is a Canadian football player born in Kingston, Ontario. He attended Regiopolis-Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School, and Concordia University where he played college football for the Concordia Stingers from 2006-2009. His senior year, he was the recipient of the Presidents' Trophy for best defensive player in Canadian Interuniversity Sport football.
Coming into the 2010 CFL Draft, Greenwood was ranked as the third overall prospect in the Canadian Football League’s Amateur Scouting Bureau rankings for players eligible in that year's draft. On the day prior to the draft, the Toronto Argonauts traded the number one overall draft pick to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, along with the eighth overall pick, for punter Jamie Boreham and the second and fourth overall picks in the 2010 draft. To ensure that they would be able to select Greenwood, they then traded their newly acquired fourth overall pick to the BC Lions for the third overall pick. With the trade made official, the Toronto Argonauts selected Greenwood with the third overall pick in the draft.
Kansas City Chiefs
On May 18, 2010, it was announced that Greenwood had signed a contract with the Kansas City Chiefs of the NFL. Following the Chiefs' 2010 training camp, Greenwood was listed on the team's active roster and depth chart as a third-string middle linebacker and third-string long snapper. In 2011, Greenwood would finish the season with 13 tackles. On May 2, 2013 Greenwood was released by the Chiefs.
- http://www.vancouversun.com/story_print.html?id=2775068&sponsor= Queen's linebacker Shomari Williams tops CFL draft rankings
- ARGOS AGREE TO TRADE TOP PICK IN 2010 DRAFT TO ROUGHRIDERS http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=320197 ARGOS AGREE TO TRADE TOP PICK IN 2010 DRAFT TO ROUGHRIDERS. Missing or empty
- Lions and Argos complete draft day trade http://bclions.com/article/lions-and-argos-complete-draft-day-trade Lions and Argos complete draft day trade. Missing or empty
- http://www.cfl.ca/article/argos-take-cory-greenwood-at-3 Argos take Cory Greenwood at #3
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-SIGN-ROOKIE-FREE-AGENT-LB-CORY-GREENWOOD/1ded07f9-2346-473c-a4be-3c553e73c734 Chiefs sign rookie free agent LB Cory Greenwood
- http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=321870 Argos draft pick Greenwood signs with chiefs
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/roster.html Kansas City Chiefs depth chart
- http://www.kcchiefs.com/team/depth-chart.html Kansas City Chiefs active roster
- Cory Greenwood and Derek Hardman add depth at positions of need
- Meinke, Kyle (August 19, 2013). "Detroit Lions continue roster shakeup by signing TE Cameron Morrah". MLive.com. Retrieved August 19, 2013.