|Created by||Leonardo Pardón|
|Directed by||César Bolívar|
|Opening theme||"Cosita Rica" by Pablo Escalona and Victor Escalona|
|Country of origin||Venezuela|
|No. of episodes||270 (aired) |
|Executive producer(s)||Carolina de Jacobo|
|Running time||42-45 minutes|
|Original run||September 30, 2003 – August 30, 2004|
|Preceded by||Todo Sobre Camila|
|Followed by||Sabor a ti|
Cosita Rica (2003-2004) is a Venezuelan telenovela that was produced by and seen on Venevisión. This telenovela lasted 270 episodes and was distributed internationally by Venevisión International. Fabiola Colmenares and Colombian actor Rafael Novoa starred as the main protagonists while Chiquinquirá Delgado, Carlos Cruz, Daniel Alvarado and Nohely Arteaga starred as the main antagonists.
Paula, the most popular girl of the neighborhood, dreams of becoming a dancer. The day she meets Diego Luján, the young heir of a cosmetic holding, she can’t stop thinking of him. Diego is about to get married with the famous model Vicky Cárdenas. But destiny is going to play its cards and the sudden encounter between Paula and Diego turns into a love story.
Paula and Diego meet again and during the week they spend together, their lives change forever. Diego promises Paula to cancel his engagement to Vicky and they both agree to meet in New York one month after to start a new life.
When Paula arrives at the airport of NYC, she sees how an old and weak man can’t manage the luggage he carries, so Paula decides to help him. When they are about to cross the immigration line, the authorities discover drugs inside the old man’s luggage that Paula is holding, but the man has disappeared and Paula is sent to jail for five years. Paula cannot get in touch with Diego to explain him the situation. Diego is waiting to meet her in New York and as she never comes, he goes back to Caracas to look for her lover desperate without any success.
Today, five years later, Paula leaves jail. She wants to recover her life and to revenge the man who destroyed her future. She starts working as makeup girl. One day, she is hired to make up a bride. This is the day when she reencounters Diego, who is going to get married. The impact is mutual. But there’s nothing to do. It’s too late.
The day of the wedding, Diego’s father dies unexpectedly and the worst comes when he finds out that he is not the heir. Olegario Pérez, the bastard son of Diego’s father, will manage the holding. From one day to another, Olegario Pérez will become one of the most powerful executives of the country. The worst comes when Olegario meets Paula by chance and he falls in love with her. Olegario asks Diego to help him conquer a woman. Without knowing that the woman is Paula, Diego helps his stepbrother writing love letters, choosing the flowers, the restaurants and the presents for him. Paula starts falling in love with him and she accepts to get marry to Olegario.
A duel begins for the love of Paula between the two brothers.
- Fabiola Colmenares as Paola Chacon
- Rafael Novoa as Diego Lujan
- Chiquinquirá Delgado as Vicky Cardenas
- Gledys Ibarra as Patria Mía
- Carlos Cruz as Olegario Pérez
- Maria Alejandra Martin as Lara Santana
- Aroldo Betancourt as Vicente Santana
- Elba Escobar as Concordia
- Nohely Arteaga as Tiffany Cruz
- Daniel Alvarado as Lisandro Fonseca
- Marisa Román as Verónica Luján & María Suspiro
- Édgar Ramírez as El Cacique
- Tania Sarabia as Mamasanta
- Carlos Villamizar as Placido Chacón
- Lourdes Valera as La Chata
- Roberto Lamarca as Diómedes Crespo
- Beatriz Valdés as Prodigio Vargas
- Ricardo Bianchi as Rodolfo Lima
- Juan Carlos Vivas as Rosendo
- Franklin Virgüez as Nicomedes Luján
- Rebeca Aleman as Nefertiti
- Marina Baura as Tentación Lujan (2004)
- Maria Antonieta Castillo as Wendy
- Yanis Chimaras as Juancho (2004)
- Guillermo Dávila as Gastón (2004)
- Elisa Escámez as Altagracia
- Ana Karina Manco as Camila (2004)
- Liliana Meléndez as Carmen
- Zair Montes as Dulce Chacón
- Johana Morales as Franelita
- Beba Rojas as Panchita (2004)
- Yván Romero as El Pegao
- Mariangel Ruiz as Alegría Mendez
- Ana María Simón as Dra. Lucy Bonilla
- Henry Soto as Benancio (2004)
- José Manuel Suárez as Nixon
- Roque Valero as Cachito
- Beatriz Vázquez as Sagrario
- Josué Villae as Guillermo
- Andreína Yépez as Melao
The theme song to Cosita Rica is "Cosita Rica", performed by Voz Veis.
- Acosta-Alzuru, Carolina (2011), "Venezuela's Telenovela Polarization and Political Discourse in Cosita Rica", in Venezuela's Bolivarian Democracy: Participation, Politics, and Culture Under Chávez (eds David Smilde, Daniel Hellinger), Duke University Press