|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Port of registry:||Italy, Genoa|
|Builder:||Helsinki New Shipyard
|Yard number:||Kvaerner Masa-Yards 498|
|Launched:||11 November 1999|
|Acquired:||30 June 2000|
|In service:||17 July 2000|
|Identification:||Call sign: IBLQ
IMO number: 9187796
MMSI no.: 247645000
|Class & type:||Spirit class cruise ship|
|Length:||292.56 m (959.8 ft)|
|Beam:||32.2 m (106 ft)|
|Draught:||7.80 m (25.6 ft)|
|Installed power:||6 × Wärtsilä 9R46
63,370 kW (combined)
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
(2,680 at full occupancy)
Costa Atlantica is a Spirit-class cruise ship owned and operated by Costa Crociere. She was built in 2000 by the Kvaerner Masa-Yards Helsinki New Shipyard in Helsinki, Finland. Atlantica generally divides her time between Caribbean cruises in the winter months and Europe based cruises during the summer months.
Each passenger deck on Costa Atlantica is named after a movie by the Italian director Federico Fellini. She is decorated with Carrara marble, Murano glass accents, and in-laid mosaic tile. She also replicates Venice's Caffe Florian.
|1.||Luci Del Varietà||lowest deck, passenger cabins only|
|2.||La Dolce Vita||front desk, excursion ticket desk, casino, lounge|
|3.||La Strada||First with exterior deck access
library, shops, chapel, arcade, theatre, Caffe Florian
|9.||Ginger & Fred||fitness center, lido deck|
|10.||E La Nave Va||highest interior deck with exterior deck access|
|11.||La Voce Della Luna||exterior and highest deck|
- Asklander, Micke. "M/S Costa Atlantica (2000)". Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish). Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel Costa Atlantica". VesselTracker. 2011. Retrieved 1 September 2011.
- "Cruises On Costa Atlantica 2012". Cruise Timetables. 2012. Retrieved 25 February 2012.
- Official website
- Video Clip of Costa Atlantica
- Media related to Costa Atlantica at Wikimedia Commons