Council Hill Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois
|Council Hill Township|
|Established||November 2, 1852|
|• Supervisor||Roger Redington|
|• Total||16.4 sq mi (42 km2)|
|• Land||16.4 sq mi (42 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||869 ft (265 m)|
|• Density||8.6/sq mi (3.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61036, 61075|
|GNIS feature ID||0428850|
Council Hill Township is one of twenty-three townships in Jo Daviess County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 141 and it contained 82 housing units. Its name changed from Scales Township on December 6, 1853.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 16.4 square miles (42 km2), all land.
- Scales Mound Township (east)
- Guilford Township (southeast)
- East Galena Township (southwest)
- Rawlins Township (southwest)
- Vinegar Hill Township (west)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Council Hill and Grant Hill.
- Galena Unit School District 120
- Scales Mound Community Unit School District 211
- Illinois' 16th congressional district
- State House District 89
- State Senate District 45
- "Council Hill Township, Jo Daviess County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Jo Daviess County official site
- Illinois State Archives
- Township Officials of Illinois