Council Rock High School South
|Council Rock High School South|
Success for Every Student, every day
|2002 Rock Way
Holland, Pennsylvania 18966
|School district||Council Rock School District|
|Number of students||2094|
|Color(s)||Navy, white, gold|
|Rival||Council Rock North|
|Website||CR High School South|
The school was built in 2002 in order to curb the overpopulation at what was then Council Rock High School. Since then, the old high school location has been renamed Council Rock High School North. Serving grades 9-12, South is currently a home to over 2000 students.
The school colors are blue, white, and gold, and the sports teams are known as The Golden Hawks.
Track & Field
Winter Track & Field
On November 8, 2006, two bomb threats were directed at both Council Rock High School South and Council Rock High School North. Seven teams of bomb dogs went into both high schools the next day. There were three more bomb threats directed at Council Rock South the morning the school opened after the initial threat to both schools. The school received another bomb threat on January 23, 2007. The threat was written on a bathroom wall. No bombs were found in the school during any of the incidents. Another threat was received in early 2010, but the threat was determined not credible, and the student responsible has since been expelled.
- Justin Pugh - Professional football player for the New York Giants
- Greg Cochrane - Professional soccer player for the Chicago Fire
- "2009 American Masters Results" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-02-27.
- Patrick, Kellie (2006-11-14). "Boy, 16, arrested in bomb threats". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2007-02-02.[dead link]
- Cook, Breanne (2007-01-23). "Bomb threat forces closure of Council Rock South". Newtown Advance. Retrieved 2007-02-02.