Council on Education for Public Health
The Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) is an independent agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education to accredit schools of public health and public health programs offered in settings other than schools of public health. These schools and programs prepare students for entry into careers in public health. The primary professional degree is the Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) but other master's and doctoral degrees are offered as well such as the Doctor of Public Health (DrPH).
The Council is a private, nonprofit corporation directed by a 10-member board. As an independent body, the board is solely responsible for adopting criteria by which schools and programs are evaluated, for establishing policies and procedures, for making accreditation decisions and for managing the business of the corporation.
The Council's values statement is as follows:
CEPH protects the interests of students and the public by supporting the development of successful public health schools and programs. We value the following:
- Quality and innovation in process and outcomes;
- Consistency, fairness and transparency; and
- Collaboration and inclusion to support positive environments in our own organization and in those we accredit.
- "About CEPH". Official website. CEPH.org. 2010. Retrieved 17 September 2010.
- Official website
- List of CEPH-Accredited Schools of Public Health and Public Health Programs (30 April 2012)
- Association for Prevention Teaching and Research | Council of Graduate Programs in Public Health
- Association of Schools of Public Health