|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2010)|
The Old House
|Chair||Mr Mark Payne CPFA, MA|
|DfE URN||103729 Tables|
Head Girl – Mollie Davidson
Head Boy – Alex Cottle
Coundon Court is a much bigger school than average with approximately 1750 students on roll (compared to a national average of 986 students) of which approximately 350 are in the sixth form. It is an 11–18, fully comprehensive school serving students from areas surrounding and including the centre of Coventry. The school became an Academy in April 2012 retaining the name and staff of the successful predecessor school.
Coundon Court is heavily oversubscribed in every year group with waiting lists for admission. It is extremely successful in academic terms as well as having an outstanding reputation for its sporting activity and involvement in Culture and the Arts. There is also an Early Years provision on site with 60-day care and pre-school places. Coundon Court is located in the northwestern suburbs of Coventry, adjacent to the open countryside of the Coundon Wedge.
Coundon Court has a number of key characteristics and achievements
- There is strong community support especially from parents and local stakeholders.
- Coundon Court is a lead school both nationally and locally.
- Gaining Ground support school (since 2009) and formal Academy partner for Bilton School, Rugby (since 2012)
- The School has held Technology specialism (since 1997), Leading Edge status (since 2003) and Training School Status (since 2000).
- It is now part of a Teaching School Alliance (April 2012).
- Coundon Court is an SSAT Leadership and Innovation support hub school (commenced 2010).
- SSAT STEMNET Hub School (since 2010).
- Regional Achievement for All hub school (since 2010).
- Coventry Applied Learning Hub School (since 2008).
- Coventry and Warwickshire ELP hub school (since 2009).
- Coventry and Warwickshire Social Enterprise hub school (since 2010).
- Midlands Culture and Arts hub school (since 2012)
- QCDA and Bowlands exemplar school.
- Early Years consultancy school for Coventry and NVQ training unit for Early Years.
- Part of the West Federation Partnership Plus for Teaching and Learning.
- Coventry lead school on professional development for NQT’s, RQT’s and Middle leader training.
- Enhanced Partnership school with Warwick University for Initial Teacher Training.
- School Direct training institution.
- Initial Teacher Training provider for numerous HE institutions.
- Sports mark Gold awarded for the provision of extra curricular sport
- Arts mark Gold for outstanding provision in the Arts (renewed 2012)
- Internationalism Award (2011)
- Healthy Schools award.
- Investors in Careers award (2011)
- Involve award (2011)
- Go for it Gold award (2011)
The 1994 OFSTED report commented that they were "a caring community" within which "the feeling of welcome and care is in evidence everywhere". A second OFSTED report in 1998 highlighted their progress in standards of achievement "which are significantly better than the average achieved nationally". In 2008 and again in 2009 Ofsted commented on the outstanding leadership of the school and the excellent academic standards of students.
The school has a highly valued community football team – Coundon Court F.C. founded in 2002, Coventry's only FA charter standard development club.
- Miss E.M. Forster
- David Kershaw CBE
- John Vickers
- Debbie Morrison, OBE
- Nitin Ganatra (born 1967), EastEnders actor
- Jordan Clarke (born 1991), Coventry City footballer
- Conor Thomas (born 1993), Coventry City footballer
- Leon Lloyd ((born 1977),Retired English rugby union footballer, Leicester Tigers
- Jim Hamilton (born 1982), Scottish rugby union footballer
- Mo Mowlam (1949–2005), British politician
- "City remembers schoolgirl Mowlam". BBC News Online. BBC. 19 August 2005. Retrieved 25 October 2009.