|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010)
Countdown to Doomsday is an American documentary television film that originally aired in 2006 on the Sci Fi Channel. The program features various risks to civilization, humans and planet Earth. Hosted by Matt Lauer, the documentary features 10 different scenarios that could bring an end to all life on Earth with interviews by Al Gore, Michio Kaku, Daniel H. Wilson, and others, and clips from various films and television programs.
The ten doomsday scenarios considered in the film include:
- Supervolcano: Mount Vesuvius, Italy, Cumbre Vieja, Canary Islands, Yellowstone, USA; interviews with Bill McGuire (Benfield Hazard Research Centre, London), Jake Lowenstern (USGS); clips from Dante's Peak
- Asteroid impact: interviews with Clark R. Chapman, Ed Lu, David Morrison, Dana Rohrabacher; clips from Deep Impact
- Global pandemic: avian bird flu
- Mass extinction
- Giant Solar flare
- Nuclear terrorism
- Global warming: interviews with Al Gore
- Gamma-ray burst
- Machine rebellion: interviews with Daniel H. Wilson and Kevin Warwick; clips from The Terminator and I, Robot
- Alien invasion: interviews with Michio Kaku, Seth Shostak; clips from Battlestar Galactica