CounterSpy (video game)
Cover artwork for Counterspy.
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita
September 5, 2014
CounterSpy is a side-scrolling stealth video game developed by Dynamighty and published by Sony Computer Entertainment as a cross-buy and cross-save title for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. Subsequently, the game was released on Android and iOS on September 5, 2014.
The games received a mixture of average and positive reviews. It was mostly praised for the art and soundtrack of the game. According to the IGN review, the "Inconsistent AI" proved to be a noticeable issue for the game.
The game is being developed with assistance from SCE Foster City Studio, which has previously worked on games in the Uncharted, Infamous, and Resistance series of video games. While historically known for collaborating with the series' respective large development studios, CounterSpy marks the first time they've teamed up with an indie development team, "Dynamighty". The team, while classified as "indie", comprises past staff from LucasArts and Pixar.
- Karmali, Luke (July 23, 2014). "Couterspy Gets a PS4, PS3 and Vita Release Date". IGN. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- Nottingham, David (May 7, 2013). "CounterSpy Sneaking to PS3, PS Vita". blog.us.playstation.com. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- Nottingham, David (July 23, 2014). "Begin Transmission: CounterSpy Comes to PS4, PS3, Vita 8/19". blog.us.playstation.com. Retrieved July 25, 2014.
- "CounterSpy Announced For PlayStation 3, PS Vita". IGN. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Dynamighty leaks some more information about upcoming espionage thriller CounterSpy | CounterSpy news | PlayStation Vita". Pocket Gamer. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- "Race Against The Doomsday Clock In Counterspy - Features - www.GameInformer.com". Origin-www.gameinformer.com. 2013-05-07. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Hinkle, David (2013-05-07). "It's a sabotage: CounterSpy set to infiltrate PS3, PS Vita". Joystiq. Retrieved 2013-08-09.
- Whittaker, Matt (19 August 2014). "Review: Counterspy". Hardcore Gamer. Hardcore Gamer. Retrieved 24 August 2014.