Counter Terrorism Command
Counter Terrorism Command (CTC) or SO15 is a Specialist Operations branch within London's Metropolitan Police Service. Counter Terrorism Command was established as a result of the merging of the Anti-Terrorist Branch (SO13), and the Special Branch in 2006, to form a single counter-terrorism investigative unit. CTC has over 1,500 Police Officers and staff, and a number of investigators based overseas. It has both reactive and proactive capability and regularly deploys overseas to assist in terrorist investigations or training of counter terrorist units in other countries. Commander Richard Walton is the head of the Counter Terrorism Command and has been in post since 2011 
According to the Counter Terrorism Command's website, its responsibilities are: 
- To bring to justice those engaged in terrorism, domestic extremism and related offences.
- To provide a proactive and reactive response to terrorism, domestic extremism and related offences, including the prevention and disruption of such activity.
- Support the National Co-ordination of Terrorist Investigations outside London.
- To gather and exploit intelligence on terrorism and extremism in London.
- To assess, analyse and develop intelligence to aid operational activity.
- To engage in partnership with London’s varying communities in order to understand their concerns and to provide reassurance and support where needed.
- To provide specialist security advice internally and externally.
- To provide an explosive ordnance disposal and CBRN capability in London.
- To assist the British MI5 Security Service and MI6 Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) in fulfilling their statutory roles.
- To be the police single point of contact for international partners in counter-terrorism matters
- Assisting in the protection of British interests overseas and the investigation of attacks against them.
- Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre
- MI5 & MI6
- National Counter Terrorism Security Office
- National Extremism Tactical Coordination Unit
- "Metropolitan Police Service - Specialist Operations". Met.police.uk. 2006-10-02. Retrieved 2009-06-08.
- "Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Command". Retrieved 2008-07-11.