From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up counterpoint in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
In music, counterpoint is a texture involving the simultaneous sounding of separate melodies or lines "against" each other.
Counterpoint may also refer to:
- Counterpoint (album), the third album by Jason Webley, released in 2002
- Counterpoints (Argent album), 1975
- Counterpoints (McCoy Tyner album), 2004
- Counterpoint (Schenker), the second volume of Heinrich Schenker's New Musical Theories and Fantasies
- "Counterpoint", a song by English electropop band Delphic from the album Acolyte
- "Point/Counterpoint", a song by American aka band Streetlight Manifesto from the album 'Everything Goes Numb'
Film, television and radio 
- Counterpoint (radio), a musical quiz show on BBC Radio 4
- "Counterpoint" (Star Trek: Voyager), a 1998 episode from the fifth season of Star Trek: Voyager
- Counterpoint (Radio National), an Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio program
- Counterpoint (1968 film), a 1968 war film starring Charlton Heston
- Counterpoint (TV series), a Canadian current affairs television series on CBC Television in 1967
- "Point/Counterpoint", a segment on CBS News' 60 Minutes (1971-1979)
- A parody of the 60 Minutes segment spoof on Saturday Night Live Weekend Update
Point Counter Point (1928), a novel by Aldous Huxley
- Counterpoint (horse), a thoroughbred racehorse
- Counterpoint (publisher), an American publishing house
- Counterpoint, magazine of Pennsylvania Defense Institute
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.