Country Comes to Town
|"Country Comes to Town"|
|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album How Do You Like Me Now?!|
|Released||May 15, 2000|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Country Comes to Town" is a song written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in May 2000 as the third single from his album How Do You Like Me Now?!. It peaked at number 4 in the United States, and number 3 in Canada.
It is an up-tempo song that's firmly rooted in the Muscle Shoals sound. The song discusses how once the sun goes down, "country comes to town".
The music video was directed by Keary Asmussen, and shows Toby Keith singing the song at a concert. It premiered in February 2000. It was filmed at Chicago's famous House Of Blues.
"Country Comes to Town" debuted at number 60 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart for the week of May 27, 2000. It reached the Top 5 on the Billboard Country Charts and peaked in October 2000.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Billboard Hot 100||54|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||4|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||32|
- "Hospitalization Prevents Country Star Chris Ledoux from Performing at State Fair. PR Newswire 17-AUG-00
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7088." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 2, 2000. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Best of 2000: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2000. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
|This 2000s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|