Country Style (TV series)
|Starring||Peggy Ann Ellis (host)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Owen Bradley
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||July 29, 1950 – November 25, 1950|
The setting was a small town bandstand on a Saturday night. Musical numbers, comedy vignettes and square dancing took place around the bandstand, where Alvy West and the Volunteer Firemens' Band played. The host was Peggy Ann Ellis. Regulars included Pat Adair, Bob Austin, Emily Barnes, Gordon Dilworth, and The Folk Dancers.
As with most DuMont series, no episodes are known to survive. This series should not be confused with the radio and TV series Country Style, USA (1957-60).
Jimmy Dean program
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1950-51 United States network television schedule
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|