Country club Republican
"Country club Republican" is an expression employed, usually pejoratively, to describe certain members of the Republican Party in the United States. Some of the characteristics attributed to country club Republicans are higher than average income or wealth, fiscally conservative opinions, and liberal or moderate views on social issues such as abortion, censorship, and gay rights. and to be more likely to have attended prestigious colleges and universities than most other Republican Party members.
- The Country Club Image Christian Science Monitor 1992-08-14.
- Americans Discover New Way to Worship: The Study Group Christian Science Monitor 1996-11-26
- Faith Shapes Bauer's Visions for the White House Christian Science Monitor 1999-11-23
- Raising Kean's Name New York Times 2004-06-13
- Senator Trails in Texas, and Slugs Alone New York Times 1993-06-03
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|