Course of Nature
|Course of Nature|
|Labels||Silent Majority Group|
|Associated acts||Dust for Life
Shane Lenzen O'Connell
Course of Nature was an alternative rock band formed in Enterprise, Alabama in 2001, and now based in Los Angeles. The band was co-founded by lead singer and rhythm guitarist Mark Wilkerson, and currently includes Sean Kipe (lead guitar), Jackson Eppley (bass) and Shane Lenzen O'Connell (drums).
Mark Wilkerson and guitarist/bassist John "Fish" Milldrum formed Course of Nature after leaving Alabama band Cog, naming their new band after a song title from their previous band. The band originally played cover songs, but gradually developed and played their own material. They were joined by drummer Rick Shelton, formerly from Dust for Life.
During 2001, Course of Nature signed with Lava Records and recorded their first album, Superkala, which was produced by Matt Martone. The album was released in 2002, spawning the single "Caught in the Sun". After[when?] the album was released, Milldrum and Shelton left the band.
In 2007, Course of Nature signed with the Silent Majority records label, which released their second album, Damaged. The album was produced by David Bendeth, who produced albums for Hawthorne Heights, Breaking Benjamin and The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, and was released on January 29, 2008. The album spawned a single, "Anger Cage" which was released on 22 January 2008.
Sean Kipe, the lead guitarist, has announced via Facebook that they are in the studio working on new material as of January 30, 2010
In April 2010, Sean Kipe announced he now plays guitarist for Alex Band.
Course of Nature released four demos on Jan. 24th, 2011 ("(Un) Happy", "The Bitter End", "Don't Pretend", and "I Miss You"), written by Sean Kipe and Mark Wilkerson. They are currently available on the band's MySpace profile.
|U.S. Mainstream Rock||U.S. Modern Rock||U.S. Adult Top 40|
|2002||"Caught in the Sun"||9||22||39||Superkala|
|"Wall of Shame"||37||—||—|
- "Wall of Shame" was used for the game Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2.
- "Better Part of Me" was used for the game Project Gotham Racing 2.
- "Caught in the Sun" was featured in Smallville's first season, in episode 10.
- "Caught in the Sun" was used as the theme for ESPN's coverage of the 2002 FIFA World Cup in South Korea/Japan.
- "Anger Cage" was used in the end credits of the 2009 horror thriller Nine Dead
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
- "Course of Nature Biography". Retrieved 29 October 2009.
- "Interview with Mark Wilkerson of Course of Nature". Retrieved 30 October 2009.
|This article about a United States alternative rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|