Court House (WMATA station)
|Address||2100 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
|Line(s)||Silver Line (planned)|
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Bicycle facilities||25 racks|
|Opened||December 1, 1979|
|Owned by||Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority|
|Passengers (2007)||4.106 million 4%|
Court House is an island platformed Washington Metro station in the Courthouse neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, United States. The station was opened on December 1, 1979, and is operated by the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA). Weekday ridership is approximately 14,000 passengers per day. The station presently serves only the Orange Line, but is also planned to be on the Silver Line, which is scheduled to start operations in 2013. Taking its name from the nearby Arlington Courthouse, the station is located at the intersection of Wilson Boulevard and Uhle Street.
The station opened on December 1, 1979. Its opening coincided with the completion of approximately 3 miles (4.8 km) of rail west of the Rosslyn station and the opening of the Clarendon, Virginia Square and Ballston stations. Presently, there are long-range plans to create a new entrance for the station at its western end. These plans envision an elevator that would connect the western end of the platform to a location near the corner of Clarendon Boulevard and Barton Street.
|G||Street Level||Exit/ Entrance|
|M||Mezzanine||One-way faregates, ticket machines, station agent|
|Westbound||← Orange Line toward Vienna (Clarendon)
← Silver Line toward Wiehle – Reston East (planned) (Clarendon)
|Island platform, doors will open on the left|
|Eastbound||→ Orange Line toward New Carrollton (Rosslyn) →
→ Silver Line toward Largo Town Center (planned) (Rosslyn) →
- FY2006-07 Metrorail ridership summary by station Think Outside the Car Retrieved 2009-11-28
- "Court House Metro Station Area Overview". Arlington County Department of Community Planning, Housing & Development. 3 April 2009. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (2010). "Dulles Metrorail Project Overview". Retrieved July 25, 2010.
- Feaver, Douglas B.; Sandra G. Boodman (December 2, 1979). "Area celebrates extension of Metrorail in Arlington". The Washington Post. p. C1.
Media related to Court House (WMATA station) at Wikimedia Commons
- WMATA: Court House Station
- StationMasters Online: Court House Station
- The Schumin Web Transit Center: Court House Station
- Uhle Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|