Court Square Capital Partners
|Headquarters||Queens, New York City, United States|
|Products||private equity funds|
|Total assets||$6 billion|
Court Square Capital Partners is a private equity firm focused on leveraged buyout transactions. Court Square was originally a captive private equity firm within Citigroup known as Citigroup Venture Capital Equity Partners. Court Square's investment professionals have invested over $4.5 billion in more than 150 transactions, which have returned $14 billion to date.
Court Square currently manages approximately $6 billion of investor commitments. The firm focuses on several industry sectors including: business services, health care, industrials, media and publishing, and technology and telecommunications.
Court Square is headquartered in New York City and was spun out of Citigroup in 2006. The firm is named after the location of Citigroup's offices at One Court Square in Queens. The firm's predecessor Citicorp Venture Capital Equity Partners traces its roots to 1968 with the founding of Citicorp Venture Capital. In the 1980s, CVC Equity Partners began to focus primarily on leveraged buyout transactions.
The spin out of Court Square came at the same time as the spin outs of private equity groups from other leading investment banks including: JPMorgan Chase (CCMP Capital), Morgan Stanley (Metalmark Capital), Deutsche Bank (MidOcean Partners) and Credit Suisse First Boston (Avista Capital Partners, Diamond Castle Holdings).
- Kreutzer, Laura. "Citigroup shutting down VC arm after Metalmark buy." DowJones Private Equity News, May 29, 2008
- Moore, Heidi. Court Square fundraising tops rivals DowJones Financial News, July 13, 2007
- Moore, Heidi. Banks look to outsourced management DowJones Financial News, September 25, 2006
- "Group to Buy MacDermid for $1.3 Billion", Reuters, December 16, 2006
- "CITIGROUP UNIT AGREES TO BUY REST OF DELCO REMY." New York Times, February 8, 2001
- Carr, David. "Citigroup Unit Buys Real Estate Publications." New York Times, January 10, 2005
- Court Square Capital Partners (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|