Court of Current Issues
|Court of Current Issues|
|Format||nontraditional court show|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||30 minutes (1948-1949)
60 minutes (1949-1951)
|Original run||February 9, 1948– June 26, 1951|
Court of Current Issues (also known as Court of Public Opinion) is a nontraditional court show featuring public-affairs debates. The program aired live on Tuesday nights from 1948-1951 on the DuMont Television Network. Originally a half-hour in length, it expanded to 60 minutes in 1949.
A 14-minute fragment from the March 3, 1949 episode survives at the Paley Center for Media.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|