May 9, 1985 |
Mesa, Arizona, U.S.
|Other names||Cory Heart, Grace|
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
|Weight||100 lb (45 kg; 7.1 st)|
|No. of adult films||199|
Born in Mesa, Arizona, Simpson grew up in a devout Mormon family; her father, whom she calls her favorite person, was an oral surgeon. She says she was a gymnast for ten years, winning a national bar competition.
She intended to stay a virgin until marriage, but found herself constantly talking about sex to her friends on the Arizona State Sun Devils cheerleading squad. She first had sex in October of her freshman year, at the age of 18.
Simpson responded to Arizona advertisements for nude models, and was first featured in photos on the Amateur Allure web site, performing oral sex, then on her own web site, under the name Cory Heart. She picked Courtney Simpson for her primary stage name based on her own first name, and the last name of singer Jessica Simpson.
In January 2005, Simpson met pornographic actress Nicole Brazzle in an airport in Las Vegas. Brazzle became Simpson's talent agent for her first pornographic films, starting with gonzo pornography with Max Hardcore in March 2005. Those first scenes, involving anal sex and urolagnia, became Simpson's first regret in pornography; she would not repeat them. By July 2005, Simpson became dissatisfied with Brazzle's management, and signed up with a Los Angeles agency on Brazzle's advice. After someone left a stack of pornographic photos of her on the doorstep of the house where she lived with her parents, Simpson left Arizona State University and moved to California to perform in pornographic films full-time. Her parents did not approve of her career, or her moving, but came to terms.
Simpson's first adult feature film was a starring role in Waterfront 4 for Wicked Pictures. She was nominated for the 2006 AVN Award for Best All-Girl Sex Scene, Video. Her agency-supplied driver between bookings became her offscreen boyfriend, and also began performing in pornographic films under the name Jason Cox. They performed together and with other people. By the end of her first year in the pornographic film industry, Simpson had performed in 182 films. In May 2006, Simpson bought a house in Arizona with her film earnings, while continuing to live in Los Angeles.
On December 2, 2005, The Arizona Republic reported that Arizona State University officials were looking into any legal claims they might have in relation to a possible infringement of trademarks and intellectual property over Simpson performing in an ASU cheerleader uniform in the pornographic video Gina Lynn’s Double Dutch.[dead link] The film's producer, Gina Lynn, ultimately decided to reverse the uniform on the video's box cover so the initials said "USA" and not "ASU", and also to blur out the uniform during the time Simpson wears it on-screen. Simpson continued shooting films during the controversy, working five to six days per week.
In September 2006, Simpson announced she would no longer be performing heterosexual scenes on film, to give her more time to go back to college and get her degree. She had made more than 250 films, and was considered one of the industry's most prolific performers. By 2007, she was no longer shooting any new material and had completely retired from pornography.
- Courtney Simpson birthdate at IAFD
- "Gimme an X! Courtney Simpson Goes from Pom Poms to Porn Star", Adult Video News, April 2, 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Gene Ross (2006-05-19). "Courtney Simpson Interviewed – final". AdultFYI. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "Excited Out Of My Mind At The Britney Rears Party", short interview with Courtney Simpson, Luke Ford, 2005-03-10, LukeIsBack.com. Retrieved 2001-11-14.
- "Nicole Brazzle & Courtney Simpson Interview", Porn Valley News, March 15, 2005. Retrieved 2001-11-14.
- "Max: Courtney Simpson Did Do Anal", Max Hardcore, AdultFYI.com, January 24, 2006. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "On Set With Defiance Films", short interview with Courtney Simpson, Luke Ford, 2005-07-13, LukeIsBack.com. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- "2006 AVN Award Nominations"[dead link], Evil Angel. Retrieved 2007-11-14.
- Young, Bob (2005-11-30). "Cornhuskers fans had it right". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 2007-05-05.
- "Courtney Simpson to Focus on Girl/Girl". Adult Video News. 2006-09-07. Retrieved 2010-11-16.
- Blogger Bryan (2007-07-02). "Exclusive Interview with Courtney Simpson". Famousipod.com Celebrity Blog.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Courtney Simpson.|