Trouble began working as a phone sex operator at the age of 18, studied photography, and worked at On Our Backs under Diana Cage. At 19, Trouble launched the longest-running queer porn website, indiepornrevolution.com. A SF Weekly blog said Trouble coined the term "queer porn" at the beginning of her career. As of 2013, Trouble had performed in over 50 hardcore sex scenes and directed 20 adult films.
In 2011, Trouble founded TROUBLEfilms to promote and distribute sex positive "professional-amateur" queer porn with diverse casts. Trouble's films often feature performers Jiz Lee, Wolf Hudson, Dylan Ryan, Lorelei Lee, April Flores and Madison Young. Of Trouble's films, 11 have been given the Feminist Porn Award and 9 have been AVN nominated.
Honors and awards
- 2009: Feminist Porn Award: Most Deliciously Diverse Cast for Roulette
- 2011: Feminist Porn Award: Most Tantalizing Trans Film for Billy Castro Does The Mission
- 2011: Feminist Porn Award: Honored Website for QueerPorn.tv (with Tina Horn)
- 2013: Feminist Porn Award: Hottest Dyke Film for Lesbian Curves
- 2013: BBW Fan Fest Award: Director of the Year
- The Feminist Porn Awards Recap, Part. 1! hotmoviesforher.com
- Tom Hymes: 2011 6th Annual Feminist Porn Awards Winners Announced on AVN.com