Courtyard Theatre, London
|Address||40 Pitfield Street, Hoxton, Hackney
|Designation||Grade II listed|
The Courtyard is a theatre housed in the former public library (originally known as the Passmore Edwards Free Library) in Pitfield Street in Hoxton, London Borough of Hackney, England. It is a Grade II listed building.
The Courtyard operates both a 150-seat main house and an 80-seat studio theatre. It is also home to the Iambic wine bar.
The Courtyard hosted the first London Horror Festival in October/November 2011, a co-production between The Courtyard and Theatre of the Damned, the UK's first festival of horror in the performing arts.
October 3, 2014 the Courtyard hosted the industry showcase of Like Me (musical) by Garry Lake and Jon Smith in the main house, starring The X Factor finalist Lucie Jones, Mig Ayesa, Jack Shalloo and Sarah French.
- Theatre History, The Courtyard, London, UK.
- "London Horror Festival". Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Charlie, Clements. "Faith". actor. faith. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
- http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/exclusive-lucie-jones-like-me_35819.html | Whats On Stage | retrieved 10/09/14
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_X_Factor_finalists_%28UK_series_6%29#Lucie_Jones | Wikipedia | retrieved 09/10/14
|This article about a specific theatre building is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|