|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2014)|
|D. Craig Young, CEO|
|Products||Voice, Ethernet, Data, MPLS, Security, Cloud Hosting|
Number of employees
MegaPath Corporation is a business telecommunications company, founded in 1996, that provides a voice, data, security, and cloud services to carrier and service-provider businesses in the United States. The company is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. In 2010, MegaPath combined acquired the voice communications specialists Speakeasy and the network provider Covad, which they merged with their existing portfolio of MPLS and managed services to form a single company.
The company was founded in 1996. Over the next several years the company made acquisitions of other vendors: Phoenix Networks in 2000, Epoch Networks in 2002,  TManage in 2003, the services operation of Aventail Corporation in 2005 IP Merchant Solutions in 2007, and DSL.net in 2009.
In 2010 the company merged with Covad and Speakeasy, and in 2012 the merged company acquired IP5280. In 2014, the Chicago-based services company Global Capacity announced a definitive agreement with MegaPath to acquire their Network Services business unit, with MegaPath planning to continue to operate its managed voice, data, security and cloud services businesses. At closing of the agreement, MegaPath will become Global Capacity’s largest wholesale customer. 
IP network backbone
The MegaPath network is an MPLS-enabled, all-optical IP network that serves over 235 U.S. metro markets. The company offers Internet connectivity services including Ethernet, T1 and Bonded T1, DSL, wireless, and cable. Its network is privately managed and provides last mile connection, multi-layered security, and redundancy.
MegaPath offers hosted voice services for single-site and multi-site businesses. Its voice services support calling features including Find Me/Follow Me, visual voicemail, call recording and mobile integration, aiming to reduce the costs and complexity of managing and maintaining a PBX. Its SIP trunking and enterprise trunking services are designed to allow customers to use the features of VoIP with their existing PBX equipment.
In July 2014, MegaPath announced a partnership with CounterPath Corporation to deliver CounterPath Bria desktop, tablet and mobile UC services through MegaPath’s Hosted Voice service. The Unified Communications features include screen sharing collaboration, text messaging, fixed-mobile convergence, and video conferencing.
MegaPath Cloud services include cloud hosting, hosted exchange, hosted data backup, and hosted Microsoft SharePoint. MegaPath cloud hosting services are on-net to their OC-192 backbone and MPLS VPN.
Managed security services
MegaPath offers security services such as private networking, which includes MPLS, IPsec and SSL VPN services for connecting geographically distributed and mobile workforces. MegaPath also provides unified threat management services which include anti-virus and anti-spyware protection, intrusion detection, and web filtering. The company also provides Compliance Services that solves log, vulnerability, and security information management issues, such as PCI compliance.
- "MegaPath Corporate Overview". MegaPath.
- "BusinessWire: MegaPath, Covad, Speakeasy Merger Closes".
- "Phoenix Networks sold to MegaPath Oct 26, 2000. St. Louis Business Journal". St. Louis Business Journal.
- "MegaPath acquires Epoch Networks, October 16, 2002. Bloomberg". Businessweek.com.
- Christina Torode. "MegaPath acquires TManage, September 16, 2003. CRN". CRN.
- "MegaPath Acquires Aventail, June 14, 2007, The Seattle Times".
- "MegaPath acquires IP Merchant Solutions, August 18, 2008. Businesswire".
- "MegaPath acquires DSL.net, December 24, 2009. Bloomberg". Businessweek.com.
- "Covad and Speakeasy Merge with MegaPath, September 1, 2010. Channel Partners Online".
- "MegaPath acquires IP5280, January 26, 2012. VoIP-Catalog.com".
- "Global Capacity Acquires Megapath Network Services Business Unit - Global Capacity".
- "FierceTelecom: MegaPath Among Largest Ethernet over Copper Players". FierceTelecom.
- "MegaPath Jumps Into Unified Communications, June 11, 2014. Channel Partners Online".